So last night I was showing a few of you my recently (as in finish
isn't dry yet) completed crossbow project. It's not particularly powerful,
speculation being that the Medieval original was for small game at
fairly close range. This afternoon we went to a local archery practice
where I could give my new toy a try.
It works! Nothing fell apart or got too loose or broke. I am quite
pleased with how this turned out. I need to practice a fair bit with it
before I can get anywhere near accurate.
You can see the bolt in the air in the picture, about halfway to the
target, which is at a mere 10 yards. I'm really happy with the tool
I made with a bunch of wood and some old tools. Now I need to
make a few more quarrels so I can reduce the number of times I
have to walk to and fro at the range.
Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User