- Named for our dog Buddy, who died last year.
Recipe (for 5 gallons final volume)
|5||pounds||(71%)||Crisp Maris Otter Pale Malt (gap 0.7 mm)|
|2||pounds||(29%)||Briess 6-Row Malt|
|1||ounce||Willamette pellet hops, 5.2% AA (first wort hop)|
|1||ounce||Willamette pellet hops, 5.2% AA (60 minutes)|
|1||ounce||U.S. Fuggle pellet hops, 4.3% AA (1 minute)|
|10||drops||Five Star Defoamer 105 (75 minutes)|
- Safale S-04 dry yeast, pitched at 63°F
- Starter: Started 15 minutes ahead in ¼ cup of 80°F water.
- Aeration: Drill aerator for three minutes after pitching
- Fairbanks city water
- 35¼ quarts water treated with:
- 1 Campden tablet. Removes chlorine ion and chloramine, reduces oxidation
- 10½ quarts mash water treated with:
- 1 teaspoon Gypsum.
- 1⅓ ml 88% lactic acid.
- 25 quarts sparge water treated with:
- 2 ml 88% lactic acid.
- 10½ quarts water @ 157°F, grist ratio of 1.5 quarts:pound @ 148°F (Held 75 minutes), Temperature 145°F, 1 quart boiling sparge water added to raise to 150°F
- 25 quarts water @ 180°F, drain
- Boiled 8 gallons for 75 minutes to yield 5½ gallons wort
- Primary: bucket, 7 days, 64°F, Temperature peaked at 68°F.
- Secondary: keg, 7 days, 68°F, 1.018 at transfer.
- Kegged at 8 psi, 50°F (1.8 volumes CO2)
- Conditioned for 4 weeks
- Ready to drink on 10-Dec-2016
|Starting Gravity: 1.040||Final Gravity: 1.009|
|Original Extract: 10.0°plato||Apparent Extract: 2.3°plato|
|Real Extract: 3.74°plato|
|Alcohol: 4.0% by volume||(3.2% by weight)|
|Apparent Attenuation: 76.9%||Mash Efficiency: 74%|
|Bitterness: 33 IBU||Color: 4.3 SRM|
|BU:SG: 0.82||BV: 1.81|
Other Brewing pages:
|List of recipes||Equipment||Books||Brewery Research|